PDA

View Full Version : ideals for teasing my nosy brother in law !!

tonthetormentor
03-10-2003, 03:53 PM
i need ideals or suggestions. for teasing and tormenting my nosy brother in law .

he has been caught by me taking videos and pix of my big tatas & my legs & FEET!! and is always prying into my buisness . i would like to capture him and torture him unmercifully. :twisted: thanks i am new here i have posted a couple of fantasy stories at the ntc website and will post a couple here soon toni the tormentor

spankme
03-10-2003, 07:31 PM
Dear toni,

First, you need to post a picture of your big tatas. :lol: (Well, only slightly more seriously ... and since you have called our attention to them ... you might consider a tata pic for your avatar ... but that's only a suggestion)

As for your brother-in-law, kind of depends on how your sister/husband (you didn't say how you are related) feels about it. If you have open cooperation, it creates a whole range of possibilities that don't exist if you have to operate on the sly. The other issue is that most of us here are committed to consensual teasing.

If this is purely a revenge thing, then i'm going suggest that you tell him he's a schmuck and threaten to inform your common relative if he ever does it again. I'm not sure teasing under those circumstances is health for either of you. (There are plenty of Yahoo groups that cater to the "less playful" aspects of T&D, B&D, and so on, if you disagree.)

That said, i'm going to guess that there is some kind of implicit consensual thing going on here. It seems to me someone wanted to get caught with their tatas exposed ... otherwise you would already have killed the guy. So on that basis, here's my suggestion:

Those who know me, know that i am a big fan of cock restraints (the CB-2000 being the weapon of choice; check out the web site at www.cb-2000.com). I suggest that you might want to get him into one (by whatever deviously creative or physically overwhelming method you choose). Then you become the keyholder. Now, if this is your sister's husband, you could do something interesting like make it a big deal of presenting her with the key. It could be the begining of a whole new life for her. On the other hand, if this is your husband's brother ... well you might just choose to keep the key yourself. At any rate, once you have the cage on him, i'm sure that you can come up with lots of ideas for amusement. Oh, and i suggest taking pictures ... you have to let him out once in awhile, so those while help assure that you get him back in the restraint again.

Anyway, that's my three cents worth. i'm into my fourth day of an active T&D (and i'm a lot more used to passive denial with the restraint), so i don't have a lot of sympathy for anyone else. As long as you keep it ethical, you just let him have it with both of those BIG tatas. :twisted:

spankme 8)

whirlingskirt
03-10-2003, 09:00 PM
Spanky! Why really-Im surprised at you!

Lack of compassion and empathy because you are in your own private hell???? That certainly isnt very gracious of you. Besides, is four short days REALLY 'hell', darling? :twisted:

Perhaps you should consider putting yourself in poooor Toni's shoes for a moment and think about how she must feel to be so violated. Afterall, im assuming you consented to being teased and denied for 4 days. Toni's BIL seems to be slinking about, sneaking and doing his deeds deceitfully.

He needs the shit beat out of him :!: by an older brother/cousin/uncle - and THEN he can be dealt with appropriately, by Toni.

Thats my ever-so-humble opinion.

tonthetormentor
03-10-2003, 11:29 PM
hello from toni !! it would be semi consensual !! for sure he would come willinglly he is into s&m !! my sis would give full approval . the chastity belt ideal is great .the thing is i live in the south and there are up north so i would have him as a slave for a bit . under my jurisdiction .

slv4feet
03-11-2003, 12:32 AM
Hi Toni,

This is an interesting little scenario you're contemplating. I think that since geography is the biggest hurdle you may want to think about a trip up north. Maybe a nice week long getaway so you can have lots of time to savor your revenge. Do some advance planning with your sister and you can both enjoy teasing him into a broken, begging wreck:)
Just for starters, Day 1, have your sister bind him securely to the bed and begin a long, slow teasing session. Then you can stroll on in. After Mr Shitheel gets over the shock, you can have some laughs modelling all those delectable parts of you he was sneaking around filming & photographing. Your sister can continue providing more "direct" stimulation at the same time. As spankme suggested, take a few pics of him in this situation and tell him that instant and obediant compliance with your slightest whim is the ONLY thing keeping copies of those pics out of the hands of EVERYONE he knows:) Add a chastity device to insure he doesn't skulk off and cheat (I doubt he'll be seeking the services of any locksmith) and spend the week thinking up ways of making him suffer;)
Have fun!

spankme
03-11-2003, 06:07 PM
To the "ever so humble" Whirlingskirt,

i agree that Toni's BIL needs to have the shit beat out of him. i just wanted to note that she should play nicely when she does it to him. And now that we know that it's one big happy family (thanks for the clarification Toni); well now, the more creative the merrier.

To Toni,

i think slv is on the right track. You should give him what he wants and make him regret it. Since he's "into" S&M, it shouldn't be too hard for your sister to coax him into a cage. Imagine his surprise when she tells him she's just mailed you the keys. i bet he's on the phone in a heartbeat begging you to come for a visit ... hey, wait a couple of days and he'll probably pay for the ticket. When you get there, make him talk to your tatas instead of you; he can apologize to each of them personally. And while he's at it he should apologize to your sister's pussy. After all, that should be the sole and total object of his desire. Imagine how effective it will be if the only way he can address your sister is to get down on his knees and speak to her pussy. Once he realizes that it's not even her, just her pussy that's his Mistress, i'm sure he'll do just about anything she tells him. And for the humiliation value, you get to watch.

And back to WS:

Just want you to know i'm not in Hell after (now) five days. But i've been at it long enough to have lost any sympathy for anyone else being teased. You're so clever with your comments, it sounds like you want in on the action. Sorry, this i do for my Mistress.

On another topic, WS, i've been meaning to comment on your new avatar. Is that a big cock in front of your smiley face? Hmmm.

Wouldn't you just like to,
spankme 8)

whirlingskirt
03-11-2003, 09:06 PM
Okay...things are a bit more clear now that Toni has provided more details, however (curiosity killed the cat) i would be interested to know how you caught him taking pics of your breasts and feet if you live so far apart, geographically...?

If it is all in good fun, of course, the exhibitionistic Toni should/could be nice when she takes care of her intrusive BIL. Nice IS a relative term afterall. However someone filming me without my knowlege or consent would soon be wearing cement shoes, and living only to regret their error.

Now Spanky. I would like to address your comments!

>>Just want you to know i'm not in Hell after (now) five days. But i've been at it long enough to have lost any sympathy for anyone else being teased. You're so clever with your comments, it sounds like you want in on the action. Sorry, this i do for my Mistress. <<

You have no sympathy for anyone else who is being teased on account of your own misery? That is a shameful example of your lack of empathy for your fellow human beings. Almost like saying: "i have been hungry before, so i have no sympathy for the poor Ethiopians". Surely you dont mean that!

You should know me well enough from my posts here to understand that if it were my intention to be included on your pleasure cruise, I would not ask you. There are things that are out of your control, and perhaps it is time for you to learn what they are? :twisted:

Thank you for noticing my new Avatar, Spankie. It would appear to be a penis at first glance from a hungry, lusting sub, wouldnt it?
(objects in avatars are closer than they appear)
I have tried to load the WhirlingSkirt from the captioned photos as my avatar butt it wont work :cry:

Have a great day!

spankme
03-11-2003, 09:41 PM
Dear Whirlingskirt,

i stand corrected (or is that kneel). The captain on my "pleasure cruise" as you so poetically put it has steered me into uncharted waters. i have invested much time in passive denial (with the cage), but i guess i never really knew what active teasing and denial would be like.

On (in) the one hand the tease time feels so good. On (not in) the other, it's making me kind of cranky. No offense intended. i have every confidence that if you were sailing my ship, i would be keelhauled and expected to enjoy it. Or at least make sure you did. i'm an affirmed believer in the woman as the superior sex. i recognize that i was placed on this white earth (won't it ever be green again?) to serve and amuse. This i do for my Mistress. i only hope she will enlighten me about that which i have yet to learn. Without asking, one of those things is to be more respectful. i'm sure there is more to learn. Again, no offense.

And to Toni, since this is your thread, my apologies if i was rude or out of place. Enjoy your revenge. i'm not volunteering to take his place (of course that would be up to my Mistress, wouldn't it). And if i have been out of place, feel free to share your suggestions for my punishment with my Mistress. She's been reading your post.

Finally, to WS, i'll see what i can do to help you with the avatar. As always i "aim" to please.

Humbled and in my place,
spankme :oops:

whirlingskirt
03-12-2003, 02:47 AM
Hi Spankme!

It must be awful -- feeling cranky and out of sorts because your Mistress has left you dangling and wanting. (hehehe) Ive decided to be nicer to you, on account of your suffering and all -for 5 whole days. :!:

The Dominant females on this site kinda stick together. Comraderie and dialogue is easy to share among like-minded people, right? That is why i was surprised by your lack of tongue -clucking sympathy for the other poor members of this site who share your same sad plight.
Its really no big deal.

i only hope she will enlighten me about that which i have yet to learn. Without asking, one of those things is to be more respectful. i'm sure there is more to learn

You are very fortunate that i happen to have my own "Things I would Like My Sub To Learn" and im willing to share them with you!

1. Physical endurance- Suffer for me
2. Patience -- in the extreme
3. Separation from old ways of thinking-mindset
4. Licking techniques and training
5. Sub Space

Im sure you have much experience to rely on to get you thru the next few days with your Mistress. Can you recollect other successes, and gain a measure of confidence from them?
I can only guess that your lucky Mistress is having great fun with you.
Is your bottom all red like your avatar?

WSkirt

[/quote]

spankme
03-12-2003, 01:26 PM
Dear Ms. Skirt,

You and i have shared many thoughts on this site, but in my current state of mind, none has been quite so profound as the "Things I would Like My Sub To Learn" list you shared with me. This is virtually the same list my Mistress has given me. Or, should i say her pussy has given me ... as part of my training, i now speak only to her pussy (Toni take note of my previous comments); until i learn otherwise, i am no longer qualified to address her person directly.

i believe she would like me to tell You, and the rest of community, what i have learned so far:

i have posted often in support of wearing a CB-2000, and i have offered my comments on active versus passive denial. i have learned that until now i was not qualified to comment on active denial, because i had not really experienced it. i apologize to all of those subs and prospective subs who talk about the experience of denial, the aching balls, and the torment of being teased. A cock restraint is a special form of denial that let's you get on with real life ... active teasing makes denial your life. i didn't know. And now i am suffering for my Mistress' pussy.

i have always know and appreciated that patience is a virtue. i have learned that patience is a key to my Mistress' pleasure. The longer i wait, the more i suffer and long for release. The more i suffer, the more my Mistress enjoys it. This is important because this is not for my pleasure, it is solely for hers. The only pleasure i should be allowed is the one simple fact of knowing that she has been pleased. My patience is nothing more nor less than fulfilling the wishes of my Mistress.

Now some of you are saying, isn't spankme married to Vanilla Wife? What about her. Well yes ... and fortunately she has been very pre-occupied this week. Sooner or later, though, her pussy is going to need some proper attention, too. So, ultimately, i will fail my Mistress' pussy. And, like Sysiphus, i will begin my futile task again. The only consolation is that i will try as hard as i can to please both pussies with total disregard for my own pleasure.

This has been a mind-altering experience. i have learned to think differently about many things in this past week. i have tried to address my kinks on several intellectual levels ... as a detached observer and commentator, as a wishful thinker imagining being a submissive in real life, and as a participant flitting on the edges in cyber-play. Over the past few days, the lines have blurred. Chances are they will sharpen again, especially if the play comes to an end. But at the skilled direction of my Mistress, i have given more serious thought to effecting my submission in real life than i have ever given it in the past. My Mistress will never let me serve her in real life, and that is as it should be (she told me so). But, just perhaps, she is giving me the mental and emotional tools i need to help Vanilla find the pleasure she is missing from taking me and using me as her total and willing sub.

Ah, Whirlingskirt, this is an area in which i have existing competency. i have worked hard to learn to please a pussy. Nonetheless, i have learned there is always something new to learn. My Mistress is a skillful but demanding teacher. She has made it clear that the outcome of our relationship can be nothing less than to provide her with satisfying real life orgasms. Gives real meaning to the term "oral sex".

5. Sub Space

This one threw me. So i looked it up and found this: www.leathernroses.com/generalbdsm/yvessubspace.htm

i have learned that sub space is an altered state of consciousness. This is probably not a good thing for the emotionally weak. However, i have found that the longer i am denied, and the more intense the teasing, the closer i come to a drug-like state of disassociation. As long as i can continue to move back into real life when i need to function there, i am learning to "enjoy" the altered life (sub space) inside my head. This i do for my Mistress.

Whirlingskirt, my Mistress prefers to remain anonymous, but she is a big fan of yours. i am certain that she appreciates your instructive words and the help you have provided toward putting me in my place. Unless she tells me otherwise, i will treat your words as though they were her own.

i hope others will learn from your words and my experience.

Respectfully,
spankme :oops:

Farmboy
03-12-2003, 04:34 PM
You are very fortunate that i happen to have my own "Things I would Like My Sub To Learn" and im willing to share them with you!

5. Sub Space

Dear Whirlingskirt,

This is, without a doubt, a most simply eloquent expression of the sensual core that surrounds and motivates my concept of teasing and denial play. We could even expand number four to go beyond just oral servitude, and simply say "Pleasing Techniques". This would include fingers, tongues, sex toys, and so on. Then again, it is not my list. :wink: I find this to be a remarkable set of priorities that resonates strongly.

Best wishes,

Farmboy

whirlingskirt
03-12-2003, 08:21 PM
Hi SpankMe!

Glad i could be of service to you. I TOLD you i was gonna be nicer since you are suffering so---and ive decided to share with you my favorite poem.

INVICTUS

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced, nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how straight the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

~FARMBOY~
Thanks for your nice comments. Youre right! The words 'oral servitude' seem to roll off the tongue much smoother and have a further range.
But I am quick to remind my sub that i dont always want or need his greedy prick or fingers, i can do that myself and make him watch (and want).

Have a great day :)

spankme
03-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Dear Whirlingskirt,

Profound and famous words to live by. Being a sub is a choice. If my Mistress is the captain of my vessel, my body, i still remain the captain of my soul. Thank you for your good thoughts.

And by the way, i'm far less cranky this afternoon. Can you guess why?

Let me answer with a favorite poem of my own:

High Flight

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air. . . .

Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or ever eagle flew —
And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

— John Gillespie Magee, Jr

Of course, Paul Simon also had great words for my mood:

Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you, All is groovy.

Thanks, Whirly. And thanks especially to my Mistress who watches over me. Doot-in' doo-doo, Feelin' groovy.

spankme (big silly grin)

slv4feet
03-13-2003, 02:03 AM
Hi Whirlingskirt,
Thank you for posting that poem, it's an old fave of mine :)
I'm intriuged by your list, particularly by your blending of physical and mental control. That aspect, the way in which physical suffering, deliberately and systematically applied, is used as the means to control, focus and shape a sub's being is what I find most intensely erotic about T&D. So,may I ask, do you prefer to use much more intense and prolonged teasing when first beginning a subs training or do you have a slower, "one step at a time" approach?
Humbly,
slv4feet

whirlingskirt
03-13-2003, 02:55 AM
So,may I ask, do you prefer to use much more intense and prolonged teasing when first beginning a subs training or do you have a slower, "one step at a time" approach?
Humbly,
slv4feet

Hi SLV4
Ive always rather liked the slow and steady approach, Slv, and ill tell you why. It was good enough for Aesop, its good enough for me! (he and Suess are my all time heros!)
You recall the moral of the story of the tortise and the hare?
"slow and steady wins the race"

And another cliche that might apply:

"Dont send a boy to do a mans job."

For instance, if you were used to cuming daily (boy), it might be much more difficult for you to go for a full month or two (man), until you were trained and conditioned to do so. Rewards for your Small improvements and successes will coax you to tangle yourself further into my web :twisted:

tonthetormentor
03-13-2003, 01:14 PM
yes he and i live far away . but we used to all live in the same town .and he comes down here to visit about twice a year . i have found pix of me at his house years ago when i was cleaning . he is constantly joking about me kidnapping him and refering to sex on the phone . i am sorry if you didnt dig my nonconsensual ideals . but then beating the shit out of him wouldnt be very consensual as one of you stated

i will drive up to where he lives and tease him by promising him a fling of kinky sex b&d & T&D .then i will get em into bondage and drive him down here and make em my slave . his wife likes the ideal . she will tell everyone he went on a buisness trip . i figure a month or two of discipline & teasing will be the proper revenge .. i plan on keeping a penis restraint on him most of his (vacation ). and also using a leather hood blindfold . to keep him from seeing what he desires as i will be naked for most of the time !! tease tease tease

the ideal on having sis cage him is excellent that i can just pick up my package . i will instruct her to lock a blindfold on em too !! and a restraint he has a couple already . i dont think i would like to explain this 2 a police officer so he will have to ride along willingly back to my home . then once i get him there . i can play the evil prison guard to the poor poor man . keep him blindfolded for a few days then take it off and make him see me dance naked with penis restraint locked on still !! would be nice !! 8O

slv4feet
03-14-2003, 12:41 AM
Hi Whirlingskirt,

Thank you for outlining your thoughts. I definately agree that a subtler apprach has many benefits to consider. Not only does it help train the sub to endure longer and more intense teasing, it also conditions the psyche. Time, patience and slow repetition allow you to instill irresistable longing deeply and permanently. So, to use another cliche, "patience has it's rewards". :lol:
As for heros, mine is the unsung individual who discovered that one little feather in the right spot can drive someone crazy:D
BTW, sorry you didn't have the chance to chat longer yesterday, I'm looking foward to chatting some more soon.

slv4feet, Iam

Jer
03-14-2003, 02:36 PM
[whilrlingskirt] ...if you were used to cuming daily (boy), it might be much more difficult for you to go for a full month or two (man), until you were trained and conditioned to do so. Rewards for your Small improvements and successes will coax you to tangle yourself further into my web

Hiya Skirt,

Sorry I've not been around much; been a bit busy of late. You continue to write the most thoughtful and interesting posts.

Going a full month or more is a spine chilling thought for someone used to getting off at least once a day, especially if there is some teasing going on in the interim. I do not think it possible to imagine the frustration build up as one erection after another goes unsatisfied unless one has been through it. Speaking from experience, it is an understatement to remark that one becomes preoccupied after a week.

Warm regards,

Jer

Jer
03-14-2003, 02:49 PM

5. Sub Space

Dear Skirt,

Have you ranked these in their order of priority? I am trying to read between the lines here, with admittedly limited success. In Number One are you referring to suffering through denial or some other form of suffering? What sorts of old ways of thinking are you referring to in Number Three?

Sub Space is an altered consciousness, typically caused by intense sensation resulting in an overload of endorphins - in BDSM terms. Some people achieve this state rather easily, others with great difficulty or not at all. Why does it rank an entry on your list of things you wish your sub to learn?

I think I understand the others. :)

Warmly,

Jer

whirlingskirt
03-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Hi jer!

Welcome back! Im glad to see you catching up on things here.

I want to answer a couple of your questions.

1. They are not really ranked in any particular order, but rather part of the 'big picture' that is the learning and training process.

>>In Number One are you referring to suffering through denial or some other form of suffering? <<

I think you answered this question yourself in another post:

""I do not think it possible to imagine the frustration build up as one erection after another goes unsatisfied unless one has been through it.""

IMHO, Frustration manifests itself in many ways. Emotional turmoil becomes physical after a time. Distraction, pre-occupation, attentiveness to the needs of the domme....etc. This is what i was referring to. Suffering need not be ALLLLL bad. That is an 'old way' of thinking.

your other question:

>>What sorts of old ways of thinking are you referring to in Number Three? <<

Men who have had primarily 'vanilla' experiences are more inclined to think in terms of their own needs and wants. They think with their cock! Some do not realize that they surrender all of that to a domme when consenting to a D/s experience. They no longer have the autonomy to touch or enjoy---without permission. In fact, EVERY sensation they have is at the mercy of their domme. For instance, i could control what you see (if anything) what you taste, and indeed the entire gambit of your five senses. Old ways of thinking would be your right or privlege to enjoy or use any of them. It is more important that you serve---rather than concentrating on your own sensations, feed mine.

>>Sub Space is an altered consciousness, typically caused by intense sensation resulting in an overload of endorphins - in BDSM terms. Some people achieve this state rather easily, others with great difficulty or not at all. Why does it rank an entry on your list of things you wish your sub to learn? <<<

The answer to this is a bit more complex than i have time for, however let me explain it briefly. I would like my sub to achieve this skill for his own emotional safety. It may give him confidence to have a 'place to go' where he can be free from the emotional turmoil---overload if it gets to be too intense. It is not my intention to 'break' anyone, or cause SO much pain (emotional or physical) that it forces a personality to splinter. That is too scary. Therefore, if he can find a sub-spot/happy place, that is one less thing i have to worry about. It might allow him to 'save face' in the absence of using a safeword. Generally, i dont think that subspace has practical application in most of my play, (intensity, yes, painful, no) but it is nice to know that it can be achieved if necessary.

And please, Jer. Dont bother reading between the lines. I would prefer it if you would hum between my soft lips. :twisted:

WhirlingSkirt

Jer
03-15-2003, 07:42 PM
I would prefer it if you would hum between my soft lips.

Dear Skirt,

What an entertaining idea! What tune? :)

Jer :)

whirlingskirt
03-18-2003, 08:47 PM
Dear Skirt,
What an entertaining idea! What tune? :)
Jer :)

Acapella.....?

:arrow: www.whirlindisc.com/acapella.htm

WhirlingDisc has a nice ring to it, eh?...but i think ill prefer your acapella hum over a ring any day.

MakeMeAche
03-18-2003, 09:02 PM
not to interrupt the current discussion, but I had a thought on the original topic....the brother-in-law might be like the guys who get on this site...mercilessly teasing him would put him through some torture, but it might also be the time of his life, and if he's actually enjoying it, it's not much of a revenge

MakeMeAche
03-19-2003, 02:01 AM
I know this has nothing to do with T/D, but tonthetormentor, you made this mistake twice and I have to say something
please learn the difference between the words "ideal" and "idea"

spankme
03-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Aw, come on MakeMe, give the lady a break. we knew what she meant.

And face it, we all have some trouble typing one-handed. LoL

squnkme :lol:

Jer
03-19-2003, 01:04 PM
WhirlingDisc has a nice ring to it, eh?...but i think ill
prefer your acapella hum over a ring any day.[/quote]

Knowing you, I fear it may be more of a
whine than a hum. I warn you, I have a shower stall voice
only. Then too, in such circumstances you may be more
interested in licking rather than humming skills.

Regards,

Jer

whirlingskirt
03-19-2003, 07:36 PM
Hi Jer---
Then too, in such circumstances you may be more
interested in licking rather than humming skills

If i wanted licking skill i woulda asked for it. Even shower-stall voices have practical application. No cop outs allowed.
----------------------------------------------------------

MakeMe Ache said:

you made this mistake twice and I have to say something
please learn the difference between the words "ideal" and "idea"

IDEAL
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English ydeall, from Late Latin idealis, from Latin idea
Date: 15th century
1 : existing as an archetypal idea
2 a : existing as a mental image or in fancy or imagination only; broadly : lacking practicality b : relating to or constituting mental images, ideas , or conceptions
3 a : of, relating to, or embodying an ideal b : conforming exactly to an ideal, law, or standard

IDEA
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin, from Greek, from idein to see -- more at WIT
Date: 14th century
1 a : a transcendent entity that is a real pattern of which existing things are imperfect representations b : a standard of perfection : IDEAL c : a plan for action : DESIGN
2 archaic : a visible representation of a conception : a replica of a pattern
3 a obsolete : an image recalled by memory b : an indefinite or unformed conception c : an entity (as a thought, concept, sensation, or image) actually or potentially present to consciousness
4 : a formulated thought or opinion
5 : whatever is known or supposed about something <a child's idea of time>
6 : the central meaning or chief end of a particular action or situation
7 Christian Science : an image in Mind
------------------------------------------------------

One word exists as an adjective, one as a noun. From entirely different entymology. Sure we all knew what she meant (even using the wrong form), Spanky. But some are easily annoyed with butchery of the english language. Please not that *I* did not say anything (insert halo over head).
Thanks MakeMeAche :wink:

spankme
03-19-2003, 10:08 PM
Dear Whirly,

There's something that really "bugs" me about your reply.

One word exists as an adjective, one as a noun. From entirely different entymology.

You had it right the first time. It's etymology, not entymology (which is not a word but sounds a lot like entomology).

And for the record, "ideal" is both an adjective and a noun. As a noun, the American Heritage Dictionary defines it as, "a conception of something in its perfection" and "an ultimate object of endeavor; a goal". It seems to me that i was unfair to Toni. Perhaps she was showing her more erudite side in chosing to refer to the object of her quest as ideals.

Of course, etymology is only one part of definition. It seems to me you are quibbling about definition. However, if you truly mean to focus on the etymology, you should know that there is some disagreement here. According to Eric Partridge's Origins, A Short Etymological Dictionary of Modern English (which i have conveniently located next to my computer), both words come from a common origin.

Specifically, they have evolved from the Latin idea, itself borrowed from the Greek idea, which is a concept that derives from the Greek idein, to see. The Latin idea has as its derivative the Late Latin adjective idealis, meaning archetypal, ideal, whence the Early French and French ideal and English ideal and so on and so on (i have spared you all the goofy Greek and French characters). Ergo, ideal is an evolution of idea, and represents a significant subset of the more broadly-defined term, idea.

Therefore, i believe it is correct for Toni to ask for either ideas or ideals. However, for what it's worth, i really think she just made a typo (graphical error).

Whackme, smack me, but if you make a mistake when you criticize me, be prepared to join me. Now repeat after me,
spankme :wink:

Peter
03-19-2003, 11:29 PM
I'm thinking that spankme might just be the wrong one to take on about linguistics! :P

spankme
03-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Huh? Whoa, dude. Ya talkin bout me? Like, man, like, i just wanna get the facts straight, dude. None a this fancy language shit, man. i mean, like, well, the bitch really got on my case, ya'know. But don't get me wrong. i like her and all. But, geez, y'all'd think she was my gol'dang high school teacher. Ain't no way.

Me? Language? Peter, whadda i ever do to u?

Oops. Don't answer that.

spankme 8)

whirlingskirt
03-20-2003, 03:29 PM
High Spankee-
LOL!
Boy what a grate post (yawn) ewe kinda lost mee after thee second etymological analysis, butt that wasnt really thee point.

Mite eye recommend that ewe git yore fax strait before ewe conduct an discussion regarding linguistics ore grammar?
It wood appear that Toni has attempted two use thee two interchangably, which is gramatically INcorrect:

1>>the ideal on having sis cage him is excellent ..." (wrong)
2>>Ideals for teasing my nosy (sp) brother in law<< (perhaps write)
given the definition: IDEAL
Function: adjective 2 a : existing as a mental image or in fancy or imagination only; broadly : lacking practicality b : relating to or constituting mental images, ideas , or conceptions

Yore own definition
>>Ergo, ideal is an evolution of idea, and represents a significant subset of the more broadly-defined term, idea<<

Toni didnt seek the evolution of an idea in example 2, but the ideas themselves, with (hopefully) the eventual outcome of forming an 'ideal' (example 1-noun) from the 'ideas' she has received.
ie:

1. The Ideal drug for the job is viagra. (adjective)

2. The Idea drug for the job is viagra. (makes no sense)

Ideal drug - the optimum drug for the job.
Idea drug--one that has yet to be fathomed.

or how about this:
I deal drugs on the street corner (verb) lol!
Ideal Drugs, on the street corner (proper noun)

Eye cant imagine that eye spelt the word etymologic wrong! Must bee eye was thinking bout my bug collection. At any rait, ewe really neednt have gone two such trouble, cause essentially, yore analysis and mine were the saim. I doo thank ewe four pointing out that maybe Toni is erudite rather then linguistically inept as she seams two me.

spankme
03-20-2003, 04:00 PM
Whoa! Whirlingskirt.

Let the world know that i will never refer to you again as a bitch. And i apologize for the previous reference. That was obviously no dog of a response.

I deal drugs on the street corner in front of Ideal Drugs, and i do so because it is the ideal location. But i have an idea. It is my higher aspiration. If i can only clarify this idea and add to it, i will have found my ideals. Hmmm.

i still think Toni needs typing lessons.

But i loved your rejoinder. Now about all those "ewes" in your post. i want it explicitly understood that there is no truth to the rumor about me and those sheep ...

Chastized and chaste (and maybe chased),
spankme :roll:

Jer
03-25-2003, 12:25 AM
Hi Jer---

If i wanted licking skill i woulda asked for it. Even shower-stall voices have practical application. No cop outs allowed.
----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Skirt,

LOL! Ok, but you asked for it. :)

Regards,

Jer

whirlingskirt
03-25-2003, 02:55 AM
Ok, but you asked for it.

On second thought, ive decided not to ask (nicely).

Perhaps you would respond more efficiently to a demand.

Sing Jer, compose for me! HUM!
anything acapella.....

or soprano? :twisted:

spankme
03-25-2003, 12:32 PM
Dear Whirly,

Have you considered what might be accomplished if Jer performed as part of a barbershop quartet ...

LoL

spankme :wink:

Jer
03-26-2003, 11:37 PM
Dear Skirt,

I recommend you put cotton or some similar, sound absorbing substance, in your ears before I begin. :)

Warmly,

Jer